Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where did Fall go??

I somehow missed all of the beautiful fall colors. I'm sure it had something to do with the crap that was going on and the fact that I have a memory gap of almost three weeks, but still...I really was excited to see how beautiful the colors were here in the Big Horn Mountains. I'm kinda bummed that I need to wait for another year to see them first hand.

While I am a summer girl, I have always enjoyed watching the leaves turn as autumn creeps toward winter. I remember how much I dreaded raking leaves as a child though. We had three huge oak trees in the front yard and mom insisted that every leaf was raked up and bagged before snowfall. She always said that oak leaves were the only leaves that don't decompose and that they would kill the grass if they weren't raked or bagged. It wasn't my job to debate with my mom...I just did my part. Usually. And not always willingly...especially as a teen.

This year, I can't rake. I can't cut the grass. And I actually want to do it! But I will next year.

1 comment:

Life on Pause said...

Well, I know how you feel!! Over half the trees in the area don't even change color!! Anyways there are never enough leaves to jump in after we rake them =(

I'm sure next year will be even more spectacular. The leaves probably didn't even look that pretty this year anyways.

Loves
-Bri