Thursday, October 23, 2008

Further proof that my brain is healing...

After working on an ancient desktop monster of a computer that crashes and freezes at will for two months, I realized something. I have been trying to figure out how to reset the wireless modem/router so that I could bypass the firewall, change the passwords, and get online with my laptop.
*
I have tried EVERYTHING for almost 2 months...resetting the modem/router (all in one system). It wouldn't reset and I didn't have the password to access the settings for it. Since it is old, it's not under warranty. I called customer service and they did everything they could, other than having me send it in for service. No luck. I searched all over for the password and couldn't find it anywhere. Today I went to the cable company and got a wireless modem and will have to buy a router soon. I was planning on doing it today.
*
Until...
*
I realized something.
*
I simply unplugged the ethernet cord from the ancient desktop computer and plugged it into my laptop. It tethers me to the modem, but at least I can work on my laptop again!
*
I can't believe it took me so long to figure this out...it has to be the brain injury healing. I guarantee you, blogging world, I am NOT that stupid!!!
*
Sheesh! :o)

2 comments:

Life on Pause said...

Yay for Laura getting better!!!

Laura said...

**This comment from my sister somehow disappeared, so I am reposting it**

Hey sis,

We all know your usally computer savvy so don't fret.

I think the baby thing would be great for you, long as you can handle it by yourself!!

Rock on sis!!!

p.s. Did you hear from your nephew yet?????

luv ya, Con