Sunday, November 23, 2008

An AMAZING story...hopefully just a beginning

In another lifetime, in a land far far away, I worked with a family who had a difficult time dealing with their children. There was parental addiction and other issues, but a lot of love. There were behavioral issues in the older child (Miss M), but these were controllable with structure and attention as well as affection. I worked very hard to keep the family intact and clean. The family worked hard as well. While I was there, 5-7 days a week in the house and calling daily, the family was able to grow. Their love grew, their discipline style changed, and behaviors virtually disappeared. The family was clean and happy. Not perfect, but then again, none of us are!!! So services were gradually decreased and their case was closed. At three months the family was doing well.
***
Through the grapevine, I learned that the family had relapsed. Parents had split up and were using again. Miss M was once again displaying behaviors. That was the last that I heard. It broke my heart, for I had grown VERY close to Miss M and close to mom as well. This was about 3 years ago.
***
I got a call a week ago...out of the blue. Miss M is now in late childhood and mom's parental rights have been terminated. There are a lack of adoptive placements in the area where this child lives and somehow, through the grace of God, my name and contact information found it's way into the right hands. Miss M is up for adoption now.
***
I don't know what the future holds. None of us do. But I formed a special bond with Miss M a number of years ago and am hoping to see if that bond still exists and can grow into a forever home for her! I adore this child and would be privaleged...no, I would be honored to be her forever home!
*********
(out of necessity to this kiddo's age and the need for confidentiality, identifying information must be excluded)

2 comments:

connie said...

If this is ment to be, it will all happen for you. I hope everything will work out. Stay strong,luv ya sis!

Life on Pause said...

Wow....Laura thats great news!! wow...I'm happy for you. I can't wait to hear how things work out, and how you're doing otherwise.

-Bri